Saturday, March 12, 2011

the way the brain and the body work together is a magical thing

Tonight, Ally and I were talking on the phone when she suddenly started laughing. Let me preface this with the fact that she is in the middle of packing her apartment up since her lease is up in May and she will be moving. She has been going through and organizing all of her DVDs(she has filled up 5 binders so far) and getting any of the music that her roommate has that she wants. What made her laugh when we were on the phone was incredibly amusing. She's been ripping down CDs all day without any issues, but for whatever reason her brain decided to misfire. While doing this process, she'd been watching a bunch of her DVDs. When the current DVD was done and it was time to switch it out, she reached to eject the disc. Or at least she thought she did. Her hand, instead of tapping the eject button on the DVD player, reached for a cabinet door underneath it instead. Delirium is not something to be taken lightly, people.

In one of my more infamous moments, not actually involving Ally or April but it's fun to share because I can laugh about it now, I was doing something with my friend Sam. We were moving furniture around in the apartment and I tweaked my knee and landed on it funny. Keep in mind that I've had 3 ACL replacement surgeries in my life, so when this happened, my mind went a little bit into overdrive. I spoke. What I thought I said was, "Holy sh*t, that really hurt my damn knee. I hope I didn't mess it up again." What came out of my mouth was, "NORR." To this day, I'm not quite sure where the malfunction occurred, but whenever I have trouble saying something around Sam, he'll laugh and say "NORR" so that I won't ever forget. It's been 9 or 10 years since that incident, and it still isn't old.Publish Post

No comments:

Post a Comment