Thursday, March 17, 2011

A phone and a boat

Talking with Ally, and we were on the topic of driving and towing trailers. I proceeded to tell her a story of when I was a kid. My family had a boat while I was growing up. We were on our way to the lake when I was around 11 and I was in the back seat of our Suburban. I looked out of the back window and said to my dad, "Daddy? where's the boat going?" This was the first time that I heard my dad curse as he quickly yelled "SHIT!!!" The boat had made an executive decision. It wasn't going to the lake that day. It came free from the hitch and decided it wanted a new family. It found what it wanted as it crashed into and through a garage door of a house along the road we were on. As it turns out, we (my mom, brother and I) got to go to the movies while my dad dealt with that. A little while later, my dad admitted that he forgot to latch the hitch.

After this story, all of a sudden Ally said really loudly, "Ahhhh I just dropped my phone...and it almost hit my face!" I wasn't expecting the last part, and I laughed pretty hard. She was a little mad at me, until I asked if she was OK. Then all was well. Until she remembered that I laughed at her before finding out if she was OK. I guess I can't win for losing.

No comments:

Post a Comment