Sunday, March 6, 2011

April's "Hammer"

April asked Ally to help her get her house ready for her fiancée coming back into town. This help involved the hanging of pictures, among other things. There are a few things that are needed when you are going to hang pictures.

 First, you need a ladder. April, in a moment of pure genius, took one look at said ladder and proceeded to fold it up and put it way. Her response to Ally when she questioned why she was putting it away? "Meh, we can just use chairs." That would be a perfectly legitimate thing to do, if you didn't already have the ladder out.

The next thing that you would need when attempting this endeavor is a hammer. Here is her hammer:
and here is her using said hammer:
Would you look at that concentration? 

You can see in the picture that she isn't hanging incredibly big pictures.  Just a few smaller pictures here and there. What size nails or tacks would she choose to hang these pictures? How about 4" long nails. These pictures are going to be the most securely mounted pictures on the western seaboard. 

Remember the part about the ladder? Well, for reasons I can't mention(April might literally fly halfway across the country just to punch me), I can't post the picture of her climbing on top of a desk to hang more pictures. The reason she won't let me post the picture is, however, fair game. She saw the picture after Ally had already sent it to me, and said "Damnit Ally, why'd you send that? I've got hungry butt in that picture!" I nearly dropped the phone from laughter. I had no clue what she meant by that, but damn it was funny. Ally then proceeded to educate me in the ways of Hungry Butt. Hungry Butt usually only happens when you're wearing fabric that can be clingy: sweatpants, yoga pants, shorts, etc. Hungry Butt is when a large portion of the seat of these pants gets lodged in between the butt cheeks. Usually, I've heard of this called a wedgie. That night, I received a new name to call that situation. Thank you April. Somehow, they managed to get through that entire night without any serious injuries. 

No comments:

Post a Comment