Monday, March 7, 2011

Spiders

This one is going to be a fun post for me. It has a couple parts. Ally was telling me about a story with her and
April while they were driving somewhere. April was driving, and things were going smoothly. Until April turned to Ally and full on smacked her in the face. That's right, she slapped her out of nowhere. As I'm sure you could imagine, Ally got upset. April then proceeded to explain why this happened. She said she looked over and saw a spider on Ally's face. Did she really see a spider? Who knows? Later on, April then told Ally that after she ceremonially slapped her, she nearly hit the median as well.

Another story about April and her utter hatred/fear of spiders. Ally and April were on their way inside of April's place and Ally was in front. April started screaming, put down everything that she had in her hands, and then proceeded to do an unintentional strip tease for the neighborhood. She ripped her shirt off, wearing only a bra underneath, and then proceeded to stomp on her shirt for several moments. When she was finished, and content with the damage that she had done, she looked at Ally and said, simply, "Spider." Once again, not completely sure there really was one there, but April sure was convinced.

After hearing that story, of course, I laughed. Mind you, I hate spiders. They're creepy. Spiders are not technically insects, but actually skeletons made of congealed hate. This is an article that I came across that pretty much defines my total feeling about spiders. I was telling Ally that I'm not afraid of them, but if I see them, I'll go into a murderous rage and "violently kill them until they die from it." Ally laughed hard at my statement, and I realized what I said. Not one to retract a statement, when she questioned my statement, I replied, simply "you heard me." That one's going to stick with me for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment